Wednesday 16 November 2022

A CHARGE TO KEEP I HAVE

Sometimes we lose focus in our daily lives, and due to the cares and troubles that come to us, we are tempted to lose sight of our goal in life. We then struggle on to get by in our own strength with no clear aim in view. Scripture is full of great exhortations reminding us to run the race before us and fix our eyes on Christ. In a similar vein, the hymn writer Charles Wesley encouraged himself and others through his many hymns. Here in a couple of verses, he encapsulates what we as Christian believers are about, our raison d'ĂȘtre, if you will, what through His grace we seek to achieve with our lives. May these words encourage us to keep our focus and motivate our actions. 'A charge to keep I have, A God to glorify, A never-dying soul to save, And fit it for the sky. To serve the present age, My calling to fulfill; Oh, may it all my powers engage To do my Master's will!' Andrew

No comments: