Monday 29 October 2007

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE UNASHAMED


You may or may not be familiar with the following letter written some time ago.It was written by a young pastor in Zimbabwe who was later martyred for his faith: Again this will challenge us regarding our passion for God. Are we willing to die for Christ? It was certainly an everyday reality for Christians during the first three centuries. It is still the same for many Christians in many parts of the world today. Click on the Open Doors link on my fav. websites which will tell you how you can become involved with the suffering church.


'I’m part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made—I’m a disciple of his. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I’m finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colourless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits,
or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on his presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labour with power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won’t give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must keep going until he comes, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until he stops me. And, when he comes for his own, he will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear'

3 comments:

Andrew Kenny said...

Bearing in mind the last post regarding Willow Creek with all it American, Wealthy , Program orientated Christianity had admitted that they had not taught their people to feed themselves and stand o their own two feet. Here we meet a young Pastor perhaps a Christian only a few years himself prepard to meet martydom. he has not got a big crowd around him to shout praise. He does not have heavy financial backing or massive prayer support. Neither has he has got pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.But he says:'I am
a disciple of Jesus. I must keep going until he comes, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until he stops me. And, when he comes for his own, he will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear.

Would we last five minutes with the opposition he faced? May we cease complaining about the spiritual situation of cities and by his grace and power seek to reach out in his name.INstead of complaing about the food we are handed out let us feed ourselves and then feed others. Perhaps it is true of Western Christians as it was of the Hebrew Christians. The writer stated:
'by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!(Heb 5)

Anonymous said...

Good one

Anonymous said...

This is a powerful declaration by an African Pastor. May many in the West follow his dedication.