Friday 16 May 2008

Andrew Gorny - Polygons

Listen to this amazing piece of music from a young American guitarist called Andrew Gorny. The first time I heard this type of music was when I went with my wife to see the heart warming film ‘August Rush’. At first I was not sure whether the music in the film was truly the result of the ‘playing’ of the guitar or was artificially manufactured on an electronic instrument. In this and on his other pieces found on Youtube he shows that it indeed can be produced on the guitar, albeit by a truly gifted musician. Here he creates a sound that is both original and compelling finding resonance in the heart of the listener – like the sighs and groans from our spirits which can not articulated with words. His style of playing at times is mesmeric and reminiscent of that that found in music in the film ‘August Rush.’ If you like it, check his other equally amazing pieces on Youtube.

4 comments:

C. Marie Byars said...

Thanks for visiting. I hope I can find out more about the quote because I'd like to use it more (in context) if I can find the source. You spoke of emerging church: you know, in both church & society, there is a real problem with "equal & opposite reactions." The pendulum rarely settles in the (sensible!) middle.

Anonymous said...

This music is very good.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

loved the Music-cool.

Anonymous said...

love it.